- On the travel sheet I just mailed, I chose to get to Iowa by plane. I've never been on a plane before. This is kind of a big deal for me, since I used to be terrified by the thought of being on a plane when I was younger. Right now I'm completely fine about it, so perhaps I just grew the hell up.
- I could test to be a wildlife firefighter if I so choose.
- Apparently I'll being doing PT while I'm there (physical training? did I just accidentally sign up for the Army? I would be very, very annoyed at myself if I did.)
- Corps members are assigned to one of three units: Cedar, Maple and Oak. Units are comprised of 70-80 Corps members, broken down into seven teams. Personally I think it's cute that they are all named after trees, however if I could choose I would choose Cedar just because I love the smell of cedar chests.
- I will probably have to get a tetanus shot there, since I can't even remember when I last had one. In fact, I can't remember the last time I had a shot. That's probably not good.
- Projects can very from one day to two months. The average is six weeks.
- Spikes are projects that are more then one hour away from campus (like when I go to another state). I might not have access to a computer/cell phone reception, depending where I would go...but I can still get snail mail. I'll post up my address when I figure out what team I'm on. Letters would be cool!
That's it so far. I'm sure I'll run into something interesting again soon. Over and out.